the HitchSafe into the Receiver Setting
and using the Combinated Drawer
1. Remove dust cover (1) by gripping
cover releases (9) and pull cover out and up.
2. Set drawer dials to opening combination (factory
3. Remove drawer by pushing down on drawer release
4. Remove both pins (5) and foam washers (6) and
insert HitchSafe into your hitch receiver (3)
5. Insert HitchSafe and line up its pin holes with
receivers (3) pin holes. You may need to remove
one of the foam spacers.
6. Pull out both pin retaining bars (4) to their
7. Insert pin (5) and foam washer (6) into hole
of receiver/HitchSafe. Push the sliding bar (4)
in so that the bar locks pin in place by fitting
into groove on the end of pin.
8. Insert combinated drawer (see Combinated
Drawer Instructions on opposite side). Make
sure drawer release lever (2) is up to latch and
then scramble dials.
9. Place the top part of dustcover (1) so metal
hooks at top fit into slots on top of HitchSafe
flange. Click solidly into place bottom cover releases
(9) into their corresponding slots at bottom of
Installation Video Below
1. Set to current opening combination
(new from factory default is 0-0-0-0)
2. Test to make sure you are on opening combination
by flipping down drawer release (2)
3. Turn reset screw (10) clockwise 90 degrees to
4. Set dials to your desired opening combination.
Write this number down!
5. Return the reset screw counter-clockwise to horizontal
6. Check the dials to be sure you have your
correct number and then TEST YOUR COMBINATION before
placing it into the HitchSafe by scrambling the
dials, setting it to your combination and then confirming
the drawer release flips down.
Storing Credit Cards/Drivers License
There are grooves in the drawer and in the HitchSafe
body that will accommodate up to 2 cards (Drivers
license & credit card) when placed in a right
hand angle / Do not try to force more
than two cards as the slots only allow room for
Notes: The drawer can only be inserted into
HitchSafe when the correct combination is set -
The dials can only be turned when the drawer release
(2) is in the up position.
- HitchSafe is not responsible
for lost or
- When changing the combination
always test the combination prior
to inserting the drawer into the HitchSafe.
- Write your number down
& keep in safe place. The HitchSafe is
secure with 10,000 possible combinations
so do not lose your